18 Wheels of Steel - Across America
18 Wheels of Steel - Across America screenshots:
18 Wheels of Steel – Across America is a Driving game.
In 18 Wheels of Steel you're the owner of your own trucking business.
You're the owner of your own trucking business and you answer to no one. Bid on jobs and show 'em you've got what it takes to deliver faster than your competition. Manage your money and your business, and build your shipping empire one delivery at a time.
Heed the call of the open road, throw the gears in motion and take off in a tractor trailer. Drive faster than your competition, haul your cargo across the entire United States and feel the wind in your face as control your own destiny. Blast the horn and build a career in the fast-paced world of trucking.
Keep in mind that there's more to being a successful businessman than just driving fast. You've got to manage your money, keep your rig running smooth and watch out for speed traps that might trip you up. Bad weather? Fuel troubles? Tricky loading docks that require pinpoint precision? It's all part of life in the cab of a 18-wheeler. If you've got the guts, jump in a truck and head out for the highway.
The fourth game in the Hard Truck series features you as a trucker who is building his business to an empire. A true trucking simulation in which you can control up to 15 different trucks travelling up to 80mph. You haul from over 30+ different type of products across 1000 miles of highways from the 48 continuous states. The game comes with prebuilt scenarios and a free mode in which you must build up your trucking empire. Gameplay is very realistic as you travel through many highways and inner city roads transporting your goods, while trying to avoid accidents and paying caution to weather, traffic and the police. It's a true lifelike driving experience in which you have to watch your fuel tank, damage, turn on headlights during the night, and even avoid falling asleep at the wheel. Game maps are huge and simulate many different major and inner highways across the U.S. While driving you see major sites, like seeing the Golden Gate bridge as you travel in California, or the bright lights of Vegas. Plus you can add your own driving music to the jukebox.
18 Wheels of Steel – Across America Includes:
- Feel the power of 15 mammoth machines as you rumble down the highway at 80 mph!
- Haul 30 types of goods including livestock, chemicals, and mobile homes across the country to bring in the big bucks.
- Rule the roads as you drive your mammoth machine over thousands of miles of open highway stretching across the continuous 48 states.
- Plan and control each delivery for maximum payout, but dont overload your rigs or damage them during transport; Mistakes will cost you money and future jobs. Slackers need not apply!
- Make it big in the world of trucking and use your accumulated cash to implement dozens of upgrades to your trucks.
- Prove you ain't no amateur big rigger. Back up to loading docks, manage your fuel, and keep your trucks in their peak condition.
- Can you handle the pressure? Protect your delivery times and your bottom line against accidents, bad weather, and even the police. How are you going to handle these trucking nightmares?
Note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download.
This 3D Race Simulation maximally approaches you to the atmosphere of a real truck driver as well as a truck business tycoon. You should keep in mind that driving fast is not enough to being successful businessman. You should be careful running smooth taking into account speed traps, weather conditions, fuel troubles and tricky loading docks that require pinpoint precision as well.
18 Wheels of Steel - Across America system requirements:P-III 700MHz 256MB 16MB 8.1.
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP.
Game modes: Single game mode .
18 Wheels of Steel - Across America news:
2006-01-30 18 Wheels of Steel - Across America is a Driving game.